Additionally, average hourly earnings ended the year increasing by 3.2% while gas prices were declining. All of this is stimulus to the consumer, who drives our economy. While the Labor Department unemployment rate did rise from 3.7% to 3.9%, this statistic illustrates that more people are entering the workforce – yet another positive sign in this economy.
- Another Reason to be Thankful
- Is the Bull Market Over
- Market returns tend to be muted until later in midterm years
- Why One Smart Bear, David Rosenberg, Isn’t Very Bearish Today
- Groaning at the Speed of Interest Rate Increases
- How to Get Tax Savings on Charitable Contributions in 2018
- The Healthy US Economy and Markets