Growing Your Family
Jason and Jenny came to Derrell with some investment experience. As young, ambitious professionals, Jason and Jenny were looking for additional guidance and attention to detail when it came to managing their finances.
With the birth of their son, Derrell helped Jason and Jenny prepare for their growing family, which now includes a daughter. We created a customized plan to prepare them for their future which included:
- A family savings plan
- A college savings plan
- Evaluations of stock options
- Retirement plan evaluation and strategy
- Investment options in their two different plans
- Maximizing employer matching plans
- Roth vs. Traditional contributions
- Comprehensive insurance planning for HENRY couples ("High Earners, Not Rich Yet”)
- Estate planning for younger families with children
Defining Your Own Retirement
The Next Stage in Life: After Divorce
Ginger spent most of her adulthood working at one of life’s most valuable assignments: caring for her children and home. Once her children were nearing adulthood, Ginger realized she needed to make a significant life change and filed for divorce.
AC Financial Partners was dedicated to understanding Ginger’s financial needs as she entered a new phase of her life. Derrell and his team provided Ginger with support and crafted a robust financial plan to help her address the following questions as she moved into the next stages of her life:
- How do I maximize my share of the division of assets?
- How do I maximize my alimony? How much income will I need if I have to go back to work?
- Should I keep my house? Is it financially sound to do so? If not, how much should I budget for a new home?
- With what I receive from the divorce decree and what I have, do I have enough saved for retirement? If not, what steps can I take to be financially secure in
- How do I financially provide for my special needs child?
- How is my Social Security impacted after the divorce and not being employed for many years?
- How do I protect my portion of the pension that my ex-spouse would receive if they were to die before retirement?
- What do I need to know that I don’t know?
During new phases in life, one may no longer have a person to be a “sounding board” for big life decisions. Derrell and the AC Financial Partners team are committed to being that support system. We are here to help you each step of the way as you transition into a new phase of life.
A Widow Gains Financial Freedom
Margaret’s husband passed away unexpectedly. Daniel had always handled their finances and Margaret found herself facing the difficulties of this new responsibility. She was looking for someone to simplify and coordinate her finances according to her own money style.
Derrell helped Margaret define her financial needs and opportunities by creating an actionable and attainable plan for financial security. Derrell checks in with Margaret quarterly to ensure that she is on track with her goals and to make any adjustments, if necessary.
The preceding stories are for illustrative purposes only. Actual performance and results will vary. These do not constitute a recommendation as to the suitability of any investment for any person or persons having circumstances similar to those portrayed, and a financial advisor should be consulted.